Here you have a detailed and step by step guide on how to Setup Fingerprint Scanner on Samsung Galaxy J6 & Galaxy J8 smartphones. After months of waiting both the Samsung Galaxy J6 and Galaxy J8 devices are now available for purchase at the market. Both phones come with responsible prices and with Galaxy J8 and J6 models, the South Korean company is trying to reshape the series by catching up the latest trend. The best feature of these phones is that there is integrated the artificial intelligence chip which detects different kinds of objects.
In the previous models of the J series, you cannot find integrated a fingerprint scanner, so Samsung decided to implement the fingerprint sensor on Samsung Galaxy J6 and J8 devices. While Samsung Galaxy J6 does come with a single camera the owners of Samsung Galaxy J8 can take bokeh images thanks to the dual rear camera mounted at the top accompanied by the fingerprint sensor beneath it.
If you already have on your hands any of these phones then your desire to set up Fingerprint Scanner and start unlocking your phone with the fingerprint sensor located on the back of the phone. For those people who do not know, you can register up to 3 fingers on your Samsung devices. Thus, if any of your fingers is dirty you can use the alternative one to unlock your smartphone successfully.
How to Setup Fingerprint Scanner on Samsung Galaxy J6 & Galaxy J8
- First of all, on the Settings screen, tap Biometrics and security → Fingerprint Scanner.
- Unlock the screen using the preset screen lock method. If you have not set a screen lock method, create one. Settings.
- Place your finger on the fingerprint recognition sensor. Repeat this action until the fingerprint is registered.
- When you are finished registering your fingerprints, tap DONE.
- When a fingerprint lock screen appears, tap TURN ON to use your fingerprint to unlock the screen.
How to Unlock the Samsung Galaxy J8 or J6 with Fingerprint Sensor
In the previous section, you have successfully added fingerprints on your smartphone but that does not mean that you can unlock your Samsung Galaxy device immediately as it is required to activate the fingerprint option.
- At first, as you did before, go to the Settings screen and from there tap Biometrics and security → Fingerprint Scanner.
- Then, unlock the screen using the preset screen lock method.
- Tap the Fingerprint unlock switch to activate it.
- On the locked screen, place your finger on the fingerprint recognition sensor and scan your fingerprint.
Notes: Fingerprint recognition uses the unique characteristics of each fingerprint to enhance the security of your device. The likelihood of the fingerprint sensor confusing two different fingerprints is very low.
Also, If you use your fingerprint as a screen lock method, your fingerprint cannot be used to unlock the screen for the first time after turning on the device. To use the device, you must unlock the screen using the pattern, PIN, or password you set when registering the fingerprint. Be careful not to forget your pattern, PIN, or password.
To sum up, these were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully setup Setup Fingerprint Scanner on Samsung Galaxy J8 & Galaxy J6 devices. Keep in mind that you need to keep safe the fingerprint scanner from metal objects, such as coins, keys, and necklaces.