In this guide, you have the chance to find a working method which will let you Root Huawei P20 / P20 Pro, Unlock Bootloader & Install TWRP as well. Hey guys, have you bought a phone recently? I guess that the phone you are using now it is the latest high-end smartphone from Huawei flagship which is Huawei P20 or P20 Pro. Both phones are really powerful and do promise good camera photos, a long battery life and guess what a top-notch on the front screen of the phone. To be honest, I have not ever liked the top-notch on the front screen until Huawei released those smartphones.
Thanks to Huawei, now you can decide if you really want your Huawei P20 or P20 Pro look like an iPhone X or a regular Huawei smartphone. This thing can be achieved easily as Huawei’s OS does let you now chose if you want to turn off the Notch feature or not. You can hide top-notch by darkening the surrounding areas.
So, turning off top-notch does not require any root access however that does not mean that you can do everything you want with your smartphone. Here come rooting capabilities and with it, you can modify your device almost in every aspect in terms of Android OS. If you are really interested to know how to Root Huawei P20 / P20 Pro, Unlock Bootloader & Install TWRP then you are in the right place.
Benefits of having Huawei P20 Root Access
- The ability to install Xposed Framework along with many MODs available there.
- The chance to get all latest Android updates without waiting for an official update from Google.
- You can customize your Huawei P20 / P20 Pro including here TouchWiz UI, clock style, app icons and so on.
- Improve the speed of your device and battery life as well.
- Modify resources of Android games including here money, coins, gems, diamonds etc.
TWRP Recovery Image
Magisk systemless root
How to Unlock Bootloader of Huawei P20/P20 PRO/P20 Lite
How to Root Huawei P20/P20 PRO
- Thanks to Minimal ADB and Fastboot tool you can now flash Magisk systemless root on your Huawei smartphone. But at first, you need to the CLT-L29-MAGISK.img file from the download section.
- Then, simply make a connection between your smartphone and PC using the official USB Cable.
- When you are ready, launch CMD or PowerShell window by navigating to the folder where you have downloaded the ‘CLT-L29-MAGISK.img’ file.
- Now you need to run the following command to reboot Huawei P20 into fastboot/bootloader mode. The command should be entered in the CMD/PowerShell window.
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your smartphone has been booted into the fastboot mode you need to enter another command in order to install root.
fastboot flash ramdisk CLT-L29-MAGISK.img
- In the end, just restart your device by using the last command.
Congratulation; These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully Unlock Bootloader and Root Huawei P20 / P20 PRO. For any questions or queries do not hesitate to use the comments box. We will try to assist you as soon as possible.