The Chinese electronics giant Xiaomi has started rolling out its newest version of OS which is MIUI 10 to all supported Xiaomi devices. Developers have been working hard on the MIUI 10 version which means that this version does come with a plethora of new features and improvements.
Furthermore, it is worth mentioning that this update also brings a new UI design. According to some reports, the new update is optimized for smartphones with thin bezels and a high screen-to-body ratio. However, users with devices running on MIUI 10 has reported that the Developer Options along with USB Debugging cannot be found easily. If you are one of them who is searching to enable MIUI 10 Developer Options and USB Debugging then you are in the right place.
For those people who do not know, Developer Options is an option with the help of which you have the ability to configure system behaviors that help you profile and debug your app performance. Once you are inside the Developer Options mode you can enable USB Debugging, capture a bug report, enable visual feedback for taps, display memory stats, such as memory performance, average memory used, how much free memory is available and similar Android options.
How to Enable Developer Options on MIUI 10
- Grab your updated Xiaomi device to MIUI 10 and unlock it.
- When you are ready, simply navigate to Settings and from there chose the option named About phone.
- There will be displayed a list with different options, so scroll down and find the MIUI version option and simply tap on it 7 times, yes please 7 times.
- After 7 taps, a notification should appear saying ” You are now a developer”, ” Develop mode has been enabled” or “You have enabled Developer Options”.
- Go back to settings, scroll all the way down and there now should be an option named Developer Options.
How to Enable USB Debugging on MIUI 10
If you are here then I guess you have enabled MIUI 10 Developer Options on your Xiaomi device successfully. If not, then please go back one section above as without enabling developer options there is not any single chance to enable USB Debugging.
- Go ahead to Settings, tap Developer Options and scroll down to find one more option which is USB Debugging.
- Tap on the little box there to enable that.
- You’re done.
Congratulations Ladies and Guys; These were all the steps that you had to take in order to successfully enable MIUI 10: Developer Options and USB Debugging as well. If you need any other extra help with MIUI 10 do not hesitate to use the contact form. We will do our best to contact with you as soon as possible.