Each smartphone available on the market, whether it is a high end or a low range one is coming with a built-in flashlight. However, it is worth mentioning that some high-end devices come with powerful and bright flashlights that cannot be found on other smartphones. Since phones are improving from day to day the same thing is happening of course with cameras.
A good camera can do nothing itself at night, that’s where the flashlight comes into play. A powerful flashlight can really help you to get rid of the dark when you do not feel comfortable. Except that, a flashlight has many uses nowadays including here when the light ends at home, read a book in the dark or maybe light your way wherever you go.
To be honest I have been a faithful Samsung owner for a long time. I remember the time when owners have had to download a third party application from Google Play store in order to activate or enable the flashlight option. After some time, smartphone manufactures decided to work hard and implement a way to perform operations with the flashlight feature directly from the phone. It came a time when users didn’t need to install a flashlight application which of course drained the battery of your smartphone faster than used to by eating the RAM space. So, be proud that you are living these days where almost everything on the phone can be completed with just one single tap!
How to Activate Samsung Galaxy S10 Flashlight/Torch
- First of all, we go with the easiest and the most used step within a day, power on your Galaxy S10 device.
- When you are ready; simple swipe down the notification panel with the help of your fingers.
- A list with many shortcuts will be shown and try to find the torch shortcut.
- If you already have found it, feel free to tap on it and the flashlight will turn on. By tapping one more time on the torch shortcut the flashlight will go away which means it will be turned off.
Can Flashlight of Galaxy S10 be activated via Widget?
I’ve received many similar questions from people who have used the contact form to reach our support and this question should be answered in the best way it can. At the moment, activating flashlight on Galaxy S10 via widget is a bit tricky as it won’t work with the default option that Samsung is offering.
What you need to do is to install again a third party application from Google Play Store and you will have the ability to add a widget on the home screen of your Samsung Galaxy S10. Unfortunately, the widget option does not work anymore and it seems Samsung is not trying to do anything about this problem, although people are still complaining about it.
Can I adjust Samsung Galaxy S10 Flashlight Brightness?
Of course, you can adjust the flashlight brightness on your Samsung Galaxy S10 with just some simple steps. When you activate the flashlight the light has a standard brightness setting by default. If you want to dim the brightness then please follow the steps from below.
- At first, swipe down the notification bar and find the torch icon.
- Then simply tap on the “Flashlight” text beneath the flashlight icon.
- A new page will be shown up with a slide which means that from there you can change the brightness of your Galaxy S10 as you wish.
Note: By keeping the flashlight as low as you can, it will help you to save the battery power of your phone.
Good Job; Now you know how to activate Samsung Galaxy S10 flashlight and adjust the brightness as well. If somehow, something went wrong, or if you can’t complete one of the steps, share the issues with us. We will do all that we can in order to help you through. Don’t forget, we are here to help you fix everything, so stay close.